But I found a sneaky way to force a relationship together. It takes time, but here is your How-To guide, sure to squeeze the couple you ship together.
1. Make sure your chosen Mii's are friends. This is one of the harder parts of the game, and requires sheer luck. If the couple you want to hook up do not meet each other, there's nothing you can do about it, unless another Mii offers to introduce one to the other. After that, you really have to hope that the two never ever fight. The minute they're rocky and on the outs, you're pretty much assured the relationship will not start. But if they are friends or best friends, then the next steps won't be too difficult.
2 a. Make all of the other single Miis kids, and your hook-up Miis the ONLY adults. This is where you start bending the rules and playing God a little bit. By default, if everyone is all kid or all adult, then that leaves a giant margin of error, in which your hook-up Miis can fall for other people ~ or worse ~ they can have someone step in and sweep them off their feet during a love confession! So to negate this, edit all the other Miis to be kids and the two you want to hook up as adults. The reason why? Simple. The game is programmed so that only kids fall in love with kids and adults with other adults. But an adult will never fall in love with a kid and vice versa.
2 b. DO NOT USE THE KID-O-MATIC OR AGE-O-MATIC TO DO THIS!!! Those items are not always common, and you may not have enough to go around. Many single Miis often will ask for the sprays, so jut leave them alone. Use the Mii editor for each and every Mii. There's no limit on how often you can edit your single Miis this way. Erase the birth year when you change them, otherwise the game may refuse to let you make the change.
2 c. Copy and delete all other single Miis. Do this ONLY if your hook-up Miis have a crush on another Mii or if the Kid-O-Matic or Age-O-Matic sprays have been used. Copy them to the Mii Maker first, and then delete them. This way, after your hook-up Miis have gotten married, you can always bring the others back. The only downside is that once you delete them, they will lose all points, items, clothes and hair dye you initially gave them, and you may need to re-input their birthdays, full names and redo their voices and personalities.
2 d. Take advantage of curious Miis. Luigi, one of my other Miis, kept saying Gachapin needed a sweetheart. Anytime he suggested someone NOT Rana, I would decline. When he suggested Rana, it led me to a cut-scene where Luigi watches the two go on a date. Now granted, the first time they went on a date, they decided to stay just friends. But a week later, Luigi brought them up again, and this time, the date worked and they became sweethearts.
3 a. Be patient. This is the second hardest part. Just because they're friends and the ONLY adults on the island, doesn't mean they're going to start playing tonsil hockey right away. Sometimes, they'll start dating within a day or two. In my case, my chosen Miis took almost three weeks to get to that level, so the results will vary. Each Mii has two personality sides, so if your chosen hook-up Miis have at least one personality trait in common, you may have better luck.
3 b. Make your hook-up Miis rock out together. The first time Rana and Gachapin leveled up, I taught them a Techno song. This way, when I went to the concert hall, I could make them sing duets. Each time they leveled up meant one more song they can sing together. I also made them take couple photos together at the studio. The more I forced them together, the faster they became best friends. Getting them to be a couple became easier after that, when Rana started asking at the Cafe if Gachapin was seeing anybody.
3 c. Give your hook-up Mii's the same items. Each time they level up, you get a few options. You can redecorate their apartments, give them money, teach a catchphrase, teach a song or give them a new item, such as a Nintendo or makeup. After your Mii hits level 20, you can give them hats or clothes and in turn, they'll give you a special gold or silver coin. After I taught Rana and Gachapin every song I could, I started giving them the same items. If Rana got a WiiU, so did Gachapin. If Gachapin got a kite, so did Rana, etc. What happened is after a few hours of game-play, the two started going to each other's apartments and to the beach, to play together. Now, I can watch them hula dance together, or take turns on WiiU. And of course, every visit brought them closer together, and made little music notes appear all over the screen.
4. Ignore the Compatibility section. This just causes undue stress. Even the game itself tells you it's a pretty useless and hardly accurate calculator, so just ignore that game mechanic.
5. When the hook-up Miis of your choice asks about the other, BE POSITIVE!!! Eventually, my one Mii Rana, asked me how I felt about her being compatible with Gachapin. I selected "Great Match" and two days later, she asked him to be her sweetheart. You need to be diligent about this. If the Mii's A.I. knows you think he or she is great with the other Mii, they will automatically spend more time with that Mii.
6. Use travel tickets as soon as the Mii name turns dark green. Next time you talk to your Mii, press the R button on the back of the 3DS. It'll pop up a chart of all the other Miis this one knows personally. If the name of the other hook-up Mii is in green or dark green, you are in luck, that means they are as close as can be. Give them travel tickets, and they will usually travel together. The first few times, they may go alone or as part of a group, but if you keep at it, they will eventually go just with the other hook-up Mii. These trips speed up their relationship and make it more likely that they will marry. If the other Mii is in the same apartment, whip the ticket out, to ensure they do go together!!
7. When you see the pink heart, SAVE THE GAME!!! Do this BEFORE going inside that apartment. This way, if your hook-up Mii gets rejected in their bid for love, you can restart the game where you left off, and keep trying until we get it right.
8. When the first hook-up Mii wants to confess their love, ALWAYS pick "Be Romantic" I've tried all of the other choices, and this is the one that works most often, especially on Miis that are softies, dreamers and anything else in the pink and yellow categories. It's sincere, and has a higher chance of working than you may expect.
9. If they get rejected, keep tapping the bubble of the face who rejected them. Rejection doesn't happen often, but if it does, instead of trying real quick to cheer them up, tap the face a few times. Sometimes, the Mii will try again with better results.
10. When it's time to propose, send them to the amusement park. Now if you did steps 2 a to 2 d, this might sound optional, but trust me when I say this, even Miis in relationships can sometimes interfere and confess their love to one of your hook-up Miis. Secluding them in a tiny pink box, high above the sky, can help negate unwanted single and meddling Miis from screwing up your hard work.
11. DON'T make any single Mii an adult, until there's a baby!! This is HIGHLY crucial. Miis CAN break up and even get divorced, and again, having your Miis cheat is a rare problem, but a problem nonetheless. You need to make sure this relationship is stable before relaxing the other Miis. To do this, you have to wait until your hook-up ~ now married Miis ~ have a baby. For some reason, having a child solidifies this as a permanent couple in most copies of the game. So once a baby is born, you're in the clear.
Now again, it took me quite a while to get this right, so here's the exact timeline of events:
That's a funny thing. If your married Miis really love each other, they'll have a baby, and then six days later, that baby is a child, and somehow deemed adult enough to live on their own or travel the world alone. What does this say about Nintendo's programmers??
Since this guide got posted, I've wound up with a few more desired couples on the island, and I can already tell another wedding is coming up fast. Keep using this guide and help your Miis marry the right people.